Thursday, August 12, 2010

Images of Film: Everybody Loves a Little Head

Yes, the Vicar has been tagged in that image meme that's been going around the Internets, and looking over my photo albums, one very particular theme stood out strongly. So without further ado, please allow me to give you a little head:


But that's not enough for a big strapping reader like you, is it? No, it never is. Well, I'm nothing if not accommodating, so sit back, relax, and enjoy!

(Click-through on the photos to MMMMMovie reviews where available; photos credited [where I remember them] with links to credited reviews.)



"Darling, we need to talk."


Smile, and the world smiles with you.
photo credit: Kindertrauma



"There will be time, there will be time to prepare a face to meat the faces that you meat."


It was not exactly what her husband had in mind, but somehow they were still able to make it work.


"Oh no you didn't!"


Gypsy hookers: they rip you off.


Notable by its absence.


Bed Head


Paper plates: the Mad Scientist's Friend


"I'm more than happy to return the favor."


Is this really necessary?


"I told you this would happen, Sis! Now don't lose it again!"


Collect them all!


"I AM SO BAKED RIGHT NOW!"


"Somehow, as a child, I pictured my life turning out differently."
photo credit: Tenebrous Kate



That's one ugly baby.


Trophy Husband


Hands and feet included at no extra charge


"Howard, I'm not content."
photo credit: Badmovies.org



"Vell, scheiss."

And of course, nobody gives better head than Naschy:

Nicely taken.
Photo credit: Cool Ass Cinema

"Not so 'igh an' mighty now, are ya, Cushing?"
Photo credit: Tenebrous Kate


Early trials showed the Gillette Mach 17 to be somewhat difficult to master.


"Holy shit, this turnip looks just like my wife!"


The Decapitatrix is not amused.

Was it good for you?

Bunnies,
The Vicar

ETA: If you can't get enough of people losing their heads, check out Fred[The Wolf]'s Image meme on Full Moon Reviews. (It's the same topic, but with very little overlap.)

http://www.fullmoonreviews.net/2010/08/horror-images-meme-marie-antoinette.html

4 comments:

The Duke of DVD said...

A stupendous collection, dearest Vicar. Bonus points scored for including gypsy hookers.

Fred [The Wolf] said...

I chose the same theme, except mine had to do more with decapitations. Great job!

The Vicar of VHS said...

@Fred[The Wolf]--I figured I was retreading old ground, but the number of photos I had on the topic would not be denied. :) Luckily it seems you and I have very little overlap. I'm adding a link to your list at the bottom of this one. Thanks for reading!

Franco Macabro said...

Nice collection of decapitated heads, I would add the ones from Conan The Barbarian and The Omen, two of the greatest decapitation sequences in my book!

Great pics man!

I just did one of these meme things on sorceres, warlocks and magic if you want to check it out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails