Monday, September 19, 2011

News and Notes from the Vicarage

Greetings, friends and former lovers! As I'm sure you've noticed, things continue to move slowly around the Vicarage and Duchy these days, for which I can only say I'm very sorry. It's not for lack of desire, I can tell you--but this cloud of malaise is proving difficult to disperse, the Joybaloo increasingly elusive.

BUT--if you can judge a Vicar by the quality of his friends, then I'm a rich clergyman indeed. In a couple days' time in this very spot, tune in for a guest post by Parishioner Par Excellance Jose Cruz, who is taking time out from his stellar work at Mephisto's Castle to contribute a review to Mad Mad Mad Mad Movies.

Another good friend of the site, the brilliant and devious Dr. Vulnavia Morbius of the consistently excellent Krell Labs, is doing her best to smack the Vicar out of his laziness by throwing down the leather gauntlet of the 7th Annual October Horror Movie Challenge--participants agree to watch and write about 31 movies in the 31 days of October, more than half of which have to be new to the watcher. It's a hefty challenge, and a big commitment, but what the hell--I'm in! More info can be found at the Challenge's Facebook page, where you can also sign up yourself. Thirty-one straight days of Madness with the Vicar...GET READY!

I also have a couple of brief DVD reviews I hope to get done by the end of the week. And that should be enough for you, ya heathens! Now go! I have to meditate to prepare myself for my latest ascent from the grave.

Bunnies,
VoV

4 comments:

Vulnavia Morbius said...

Another victim...excellent....

deadlydolls said...

31 in 31...I may have survived a Billy Blanks workout video, but no way do I have the stamina to get through that! I'll just enjoy reading everyone else as they slowly descend into madness...

dfordoom said...

31 movies in 31 days! I'd love to have a go but I doubt if I could keep up the pace.

The Vicar of VHS said...

@Dr. Morbius--We'll see how it goes! I once wrote a sonnet a day for a full year on a lark, so I know from creative marathons. ;) But scheduling is likely to be tricky...

@Emily--Don't expect full-out treatments...if I get a paragraph or two on each flick I'll be doing excellently. By the end I might be blearily writing three or four words. "Watched. Blood. Boobies. Goooood...." ;)

@dfordoom--Are you kidding? You're one of the most prolific mofos I know! I have no doubt you could do it! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails